EMS Equipment :
The fire service is the leading provider of emergency medical care in the United States. Equipment they use includes ambulances and fire apparatus which can be equipped with compartments for patient transport.
The modern fire service ambulance is really a mobile emergency room. In these units you'll find:
- Automatic electronic defibrillators, 12 lead cardiac defibrillators which can interpret complex rhythms and allow the paramedic to administer a wide variety of medical drugs and treatments.
- Splinting equipment for the treatment of fractures, airway maintenance equipment such as endotracheal tubes, laryngoscope's and other airway adjuncts.
- Intravenous equipment and fluids.
- Communications equipment which allow physicians at base hospitals to view in real time electronic monitoring of the patient's.
- Please see more information below -